• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Question Help - Blu-Ray player with HDMI input - home cinema problem

DonnieDarko2020

Novice Member
Hi. So I have a problem that I think can only be solved by a Blu-Ray player with an HDMI input.
So I have an Optoma UHD40, hooked up via HDMI to a Samsung BD-H8500M Blu-ray player/freeview recorder. For sound, I have a Sonos Beam, connected to the Samsung unit via HDMI to optical. It works perfectly.
However, the Samsung box is getting old. They have removed support for iPlayer so that no longer works, and it has no Disney+ etc. I bought a Roku with up-to-date apps, and I can connect this seamlessly to the projector using an HDMI switcher (I can just choose between either the Roku or the Samsung), but the issue is that the Roku cannot then connect to the Sonos Beam, meaning the sound only comes from the projector. This is not good enough quality.
I don't know how to solve this, beyond getting a new Blu-Ray player that takes HDMI input, then I can plug the Roku into it and the Sonos Beam into it too. I guess I'd still need to switch back to the old Samsung unit to record TV etc, but hey ho.
Any ideas most welcome, either for Blu-Ray players with HDMI input for my Roku plan, or any other solutions....!

Fred Smith

How about a HDMI switch with audio extraction?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom