Help - Best leads for a new Tosh 36ZP38B

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Richard Morris, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a new TV from John Lewis (I went to Cheadle, Cheshire), as they now have the Tosh 36ZP38B on special offer at £1450, with a free Toshiba SD330E DVD & Toshiba V753 VCR. Cost of course includes free delivery & 5 yr guarantee. I should get the package in about a month.

Could anyone could tell me what would be the most suitable leads (scart etc) to purchase to get the best of out the set I would be really grateful. I've heard the ones they supply with the set are pretty basic. NB I also have the Grundig Freeview set so would need the best connetions for that. No matter what, it's still going to look a whole lot better than my current 9 year old Panasonic !!

2. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the IXOS cables but just try any decent make. If you can ask if you can take them back if your not satisfied then you can start at the £50 level and see if you can spot the difference from the ones you already have.

Bazza

3. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - will do

4. cloudchaser

cloudchaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    A month? You could try Toshiba directly and see if they can deliver faster for you. Get the order number from John Lewis and quote that to Toshiba.

I was given a similar delivery date by my online retailer but when I called up Toshiba directly they delivered it within a week ;)

hope that helps
    cheers

*edit * Toshiba number - 0800 20 16 58

5. hannanp

hannanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Can you let me know how you got the price of £1450 at JL. I spoke to them this morning and was told £1950.

Thanks

Paul

6. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

As mentioned - went to Heald green JL (nr Manchester) last Sunday. Item was on display at the price so went for it.

It is a Toshiba limited offer so they may have used up their allocation ? Either way I'm sure Toshiba will continue this somewhere else.

Good luck

Cloudchaser - thanks for the number - will give this a try.