HELP Best HD TV to get for under 400, am new to hd

michaelspikef

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I am looking for an hd tv for under or around 400 i have sky hd on the way and ps3 and want to know what is the best one to get size between 26-32 or bigger but have no real idea about hd tv and what to get. i read a review of a tv from Acer which seemed good. Any toughts would be brilliant. Thanks alot:thumbsup:

1. Woolworths - Technosonic 32" for £399 (I have had one since december and it is absolutely amazing, has HDMI, 2x scart (1 RGB), VGA (I have it connected to PC at 1360x768).
This TV is based on the Thompson brand, which was sold to a chinese company.

2. Technosonic (£349) from various places (Woolworths, Asda etc) - Has similar specs.

I totally understand what you want, as this is my first HDTV as well, so I would just go for one of these above, as they have HDMI sockets, so that you can connect to yur PS3 (with cheap ones, you usually don't).

btw, I watch HD-DVD videos on my TV and they are absolutely amazing, I don;t know why people pay £600 for 32" TV when £400 does it.

Above 32", then I would recommend that you go for quality brands.

EDIT: Actually, just read your posts again, so you want to connect your PS3 and sky HD. I don't know the aswer, but someone else may do, but I think that you may need a TV with 2x HDMI sockets. The only one that I know of at 32" size is Toshiba.

Pretty sure you can pick up a Panasonic lxd60 26" for 400ish and 32" for 500ish.
Quality brand (no offense but woolies home-brand :rotfl:)

2 HDMI, 1 component and 2 RGB scart. The HD picture quality is of the 'highest quality' 5*. NonHD picture quality, as long is digital, 'top quality' 4*. Sound quality is it's downfall due to a lack of bass 'ok' 3* (still better than the woolies TV)

The reason it's cheaper is due to Panasonic released a newer model, the 'px600' (now the best LCD 26"-32" set available) which improves the sound quality to 4* and accepts a 1080p signal (still a 720p TV though) but the PQ is still the same so you get a TV with a bit less sound quality for half the price!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom