Help! Best Camcorder???

• Thread starter latinoman231982
  • Start date
L

latinoman231982

Hye there

Im planning on going on holiday soon to South America and im lookin to buy a good camcorder for general amateur use.

As i havent got a clue could someone please advice me on whether its dv or mini dv as i havent got a clue. Im lookin in the region of 200-250 pounds to spend. PLEASE HELP

So what do u guys think is the best camcorder i can get for that money??

yes most definately mini dv, as thats the general concensus on here,if your just looking for general use ie holidays days out then take a look at some of the reviews for the panasonic,sony,canon in that price range,look for a decent optical zoom with image stabiliser don't bother to much about digital zoom as in that price range they are pretty much a waste of time,i have a panasonic nv-gs17 which you can pick up for about £190 it's very very basic but it does have a 24x optical zoom an image stabiliser plus a few different scene modes on it, and for what i want (mainly holidays) i am very happy with the picture quality, i'm certainly no expert but i'm sure there will be someone on here who can point you in the right direction. :smashin:

Oiga Latinoman!
I am not an expert either (currently looking to buy a camcorder myself – see http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312387
but from all the research I have done I would recommend a Sony, the HC-19 for example. Entry-level Sony cams have established a reputation for being the most user-friendly with excellent automatic settings and very good spec for the price.
If you are on a budget you should also consider other manufacturers: JVC, Samsung, Sharp, Hitachi. And look at the second-hand market. From what I have heard the camcorder market at the moment is fairly slow which is having a downward effect on 2nd hand camcorder prices as well as new ones.
One more question: are you going to edit your footage on a computer? You sound like you might not. In which case I would recommend looking at DVD camcorders as they allow you to edit the material using the cam and, voila, you end up with a neat DVD – no PC required.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom