Help, best 37"/40" for under 1k?

DrMurdoch

Standard Member
Hello

I'm looking to get myself a new tv within the next 2-3 months, but I'm not sure which is the best option for me. I've heard that some LCD's lose quality after 18 months? If this is true then I'm inclined to stear clear, if not then which is the best 37" on the market at the moment, or could a i get a similar quality 40" for the same price (i doubt it but you never know!).

If the LCD does lose quality, then which would be a good Plasma to get?

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers

M

DrMurdoch

Standard Member
Hi

Still hoping for a recommendation, but can anyone confirm the life expectancy of a LCD?

Cheers

M

HardeepRandhawa

Standard Member
You will be able to get the sony kdl40v3000 which i think is the best one for that price range. My freind bought one and now i am going buy one. But thats if you can find one in stock. I am going to go sony centre tomorrow and try to get it for 1000 with a five year warranty but its 1250 with ps3. So i will say i dont want the ps3. Hope this helps if you are going to get this tv.

HardeepRandhawa

Standard Member
i just seen your second question. Well lcds are meant to last 60,000 hours and plasmas are. But at the end of the day it is what you want, what you can trust. Someone told me lcds last longer and another told me lcds last longer. So its what you would want. I haven't got one my self yet so I can not say what is better nor can i say if it losers quailty after 18 months. Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom