1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help-bbc1 Picture Size-sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by LONGSHANKS, Aug 10, 2002.

1. LONGSHANKS

LONGSHANKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ,
    just had sky installed this morning,everyhthing seems ok apart for one small problem.When I view BBC1 through sky it only appers in 4:3. Selecting other picture aspects on my widescreen tv just makes the image slightly bigger.Every other channel is ok
    and its also ok via the terrestrial signal.Has anybody got any ideas why this happens.I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.

longshanks

Equiptment:philips 9527 32"
    Pace digibox

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Have you set the digibox to output a 16:9 format picture with scart control on.

Or perhaps it was set to 16:9 and the BBC were showing a 4:3 picture which would leave the side bars visible on a w/s set.
    Terrestrial analogue feed would not be broadcast in 16:9 and then it would be your TV altering the picture to suite the w/s format.

3. thepange

thepange
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I noticed yesterday the athletics on BBC 1 were broadcast with black bars on each side, isn't this something to do with the host countrys broadcast?

It was the same when the World Cup was on..............pretty annoying!!

4. thepange

thepange
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I noticed yesterday the athletics on BBC 1 were broadcast with black bars on each side, isn't this something to do with the host countrys broadcast?

It was the same when the World Cup was on..............pretty annoying!!

5. LONGSHANKS

LONGSHANKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I did'nt reply earlier,I've been away for a couple of days.
    Thanks starburst/Thepange for your comments.You were right ,it must have been that broadcast as everythiny else is ok on BBC1.
    A case of a Sky virgin panicking.While Im on, is it normal for the channel information bar to be out of shape on a 32" screen or is it my geometry?

LS

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I haven't got a widescreen telly but I am sure the s&s banner remains the same shape and size no matter what ratio the picture is being output at.
    Any distortion of the banner would be from the TV especailly if you are using any zoom functions to stretch a 4:3 picture to fill the screen area. It's not unheard of to get some bending of an image at the edges of a CRT w/s TV.