1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help barco 808 with upside down image!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by condor, Apr 14, 2005.

1. condor

condor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, I am new at this, after reading about projectors I finally decided because of coming across the av forums that crt projectors were what I wanted. I then proceeded to get a Barco 808 s graphics with iris 2 the tubes look ok, I was shown them before I purchased it. However the barco was ceiling mounted, I have it on a table, how do I turn image right way up! I have read the manual and am kabloooked for want of a better word. I am pretty good with pcs and have built a htpc spec pc in no time but this is something else!.

So, how do I put image "right way up" and from there any basic advice on setting up the barco would be greatly appreciated as I am a complete novice but I am willing to go the distance as I love this monster, put wings on it I bet it could fly! thanks to anyone who even looks at this. By the way I am using a htpc with ati aiw 9800 pro and powerstrip if that is in any way relevent to the issue at hane, again thanks all for your time.

ps, might reinforce the ceiling and mount it there at this rate! :lease:

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi mate.
    welcome to the dark side.
    There are four switches inside the projector that you need to flip.

first power off the projector by removing the power cord
    Open up the plastic cover to reveal the metal xray shields. You will need to open the rear sheild (ie the one with remmote attached) by loosening the 7mm bolts down the sides

I've attached the relevant pages from the install manual I know this is for the data 808 but it is the same procedure

3. condor

condor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks a lot Roland, you really cannot imagine how much this is appreciated, I posted this and went to sleep I got up and you had answered my question!
    Truly the dark side though, I thought building pcs could give you a headache, gahhh, lol, take care thanks a lot, I may ask for advice again is that ok? :thumbsup:

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Absolutley, but do it via the forums so others may benifit.

I try to get in every day but sometimes the nurses let me out for day trips ;)