1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP, bad video on DVD, transfer problem????

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dustbash, Oct 8, 2005.

1. dustbash

dustbash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am recording with a Sony digital 8 camcorder. I am transferring the video to my pc with 4 pin firewire. I am using Roxio 7 for editing and burning. When get the video on DVD it is not very good. I looks grainy and when the camera moves the video quality really dives.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dustin

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I've never used Roxio 7 so don't know how good or bad it is. I would suggest you try a different program for creating the DVD to see if it gives better results. Not all MPEG encoders are as good as each other so I think it quite likely you can improve the final results.
    I suggest you get onto www.ulead.co.uk and download the free 30 day trial of DVD Movie Factory as this is what I use and it is very easy to use and gives IMO very good results. If you like it you can buy it for about £30. If however the results are no better then at least you haven't waisted any money :smashin:

Mark.