1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! B&W v Artcoustic speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bumsuckio, Sep 16, 2005.

1. bumsuckio

bumsuckio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    Would greatly appreciate some help: am looking to get a 7.1 surround sound system. Will most likely have a denon AVC-A11XV amp and need some speakers to team it with. Have narrowed down to B&W FPM5's with their PV1 sub, but I was also told to consider some Artcoustics (C1's at front and Diablo Monitors for remaining). Had a brief listen to artcoustics, but need to decide soon and unlikely to get a longer listen...is there anyone out there who can help?! how do the 2 compare? also, is artcoustics wall-mounted DFS75-55 sub any good?
    many thanks, any advice much appreciated!

2. bumsuckio

bumsuckio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: is there really no one there who can help???? :lease:

3. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    you need to have a listen yourself really...I have artcoustic but I have not heard the b&w so can't compare them

www.bwspeakers.com and www.artcoustic.com should tell you where you can hear them both

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    bumsuckio

Comparing multi-channel loudspeaker systems is a challenge at the best of times and once you get into On-Wall and In-Wall designs it gets even trickier.

The Artcoustic Diablo C1 + Diablo Monitors work well in a 5:1 or 7:1 system and your choice of amplification is a pretty sensible match with them.

The Artcoustic DFS-75-55 On-Wall sub is good - though keep in mind its passive so if your planning on 7:1 using this sub and the Devon AVC-A11XV AV Amp you'll require an extra channel of power amplification to drive it.

Budget wise the Passive sub + power amp is quite a chunk of budget compared with the rest of your planned set up - it may be worth considering a more 'conventional' active sub and or using the DF75-55 wired as Satellite+ Sub within your 7:1 plans as a more affordable option.

The B&W FPM5 are also good and the PV1 is a star - though personally I'd go with Artcoustic for On-Wall Satellites and depending on how you configure the system you could even consider the PV1 sub along with the Diablo system.

Best regards

Joe