• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help! B-day party soon and iPod not recognized?

chiroken

Novice Member
Again a last minute glitch! New AVR-S900W hooked up yesterday, was playing music off iPhone 4 and iPod 5 up till earlier today and now the receiver won't recognize any of the devices that it previously recognized??? Could a specific button have been accidentally pushed? I've turned off and on the receiver, un plugged the iPhone, tried different cables. The receiver still works on blu-ray function but when the dial is turned back to USB is won't recognize. Anyone help a panicking Dad out before a 13th bday party??!!

chiroken

Novice Member
update: I unplugged the receiver and then plugged back in. Turned on, plugged in iPhone and it was recognized. This help what happened in the first place? Not unplugging now till after the party is over!!!

dante01

Distinguished Member
You don't actually even need to make a wired connection to your receiver from an iOS device. The receiver has inbuilt Airplay capabilities meaning that you can stream audio from an iOS device to the receiver if you connect it to your home network.

chiroken

Novice Member
OK, that is cool, and no extra cords hanging out of the front of the receiver. I will look into that option. As long as the signal is strong enough from my router to get downstairs. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom