Output power (Down/Up): 17.4 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 24910222 / 3000
CRC Events (Down/Up): 3050444 / 2994
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 1674726 / 1698
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 382586 / 9725

and as a result my download speed (tested through various testers) is around 0.5Mbps.

Any idea why this is so awful? The line was activated on Tuesday 4th May, and has recently switched from fast path to interleaving.

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
Any idea why this is so awful? The line was activated on Tuesday 4th May, and has recently switched from fast path to interleaving.
First of all BT will not entertain questions about Line Speed until the Ten Day Stabilisation Period is over.

However in the meantime, try the BT Home Hub in the Test Socket of the Master Socket, and look at the router stats again. If you see an instant increase in Downstream speed, you have an Internal Wiring problem which is your responsibility - not BT's.

Even so you would need to wait for three days for the BT kit to catch up with tht Line Speed increase and thus speed up the actual performance.

BTW, I'm clutching at straws here. You may just be on along line and that is the kind of speed that you can expect.

Last edited:

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Around 3.5km; I've always had line speed problems but put it down to the incompetence of my previous ISP (AOL) as well as the distance from the exchange.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom