Help! AVR-300 will not accept digital input!

R

Rook

Hey guys, I've had my AVR300 for almost a year now, and I LOVE IT. My wife and I were talking about upgrading our DVD player and decided to put some music on. The AVR 300 all of a sudden wouldn't play music from the DVD unit.

I've tinkered with it a bit and what I've found is that the thing will not accept any digital inputs. I've tried both optical and coaxial digital output from the DVD player, I've tried other sources, but each time the AVR 300 says "ANALOG" up in the top right of its little screen. I have verified that stereo direct mode is not chosen.

I'm at a loss! I hope its something I did but I cannot imagine what, nothing changed, it just stopped working.

I searched but no help that I could see. Should I upgrade the firmware?

The digital inputs on my year-old AVP700 just died as well. Apparently this is a problem that Arcam knows about. I sent my unit in for repair. Good luck.

Does anyone know if Arcam has corrected the flaw or do they merely return it to how it was prior to failure?

Well I dropped it off today, It has to be shipped to oregon to be repaired, I've been told to expect that it be out for 6 weeks.

About 3 minutes before we took it down, it began with the audio crackling failure that someone else had noted. I hope that both are repaired when I receive the unit back, and that the flaw in the design that caused these is fixed, not just repaired to pre-failure state. I love the unit and don't want anything else, but If it fails outside of the warranty...

Mine just came back this weekend and ran perfectly... I'm not worried about a repeat failure, as the issue seems to be well understood by Arcam.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom