1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP AV System Advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by NAH, Aug 18, 2004.

1. NAH

NAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading the forum for a while and learnt much, however I am still confused and would appreciate any help with my dilemma!!!

I will buy a 50" Panny plasma but need an AV set-up to go with it. I will only use this for AV as I will continue to use my 2-channel set-up for music.

As it is only for AV I am thinking that I don't need to spend too much on the AV gear, however the room size is quite large (5m x 13m) and the AV system will be set up only in one half !?!?!

I am looking to connect the sources through the Reciever, so as to have one cable running to the plasma so I like the video upconversion option. The auto set-up option seems like a useful feature too. The Denon 3805 has these and sounds like a great piece of kit but at £1000 seems expensive for my needs.

For speakers I would like relatively small ones such as KEF eggs or B&W VM1's. Again these are both fairly expensive, just for AV!!

I am looking to spend around £1-£1.5k on reciever, speakers and cables and would appreciate your advice.

Cheers,

Neil