Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HELP AV System Advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by NAH, Aug 18, 2004.

1. NAH

NAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading the forum for a while and learnt much, however I am still confused and would appreciate any help with my dilemma!!!

I will buy a 50" Panny plasma but need an AV set-up to go with it. I will only use this for AV as I will continue to use my 2-channel set-up for music.

As it is only for AV I am thinking that I don't need to spend too much on the AV gear, however the room size is quite large (5m x 13m) and the AV system will be set up only in one half !?!?!

I am looking to connect the sources through the Reciever, so as to have one cable running to the plasma so I like the video upconversion option. The auto set-up option seems like a useful feature too. The Denon 3805 has these and sounds like a great piece of kit but at £1000 seems expensive for my needs.

For speakers I would like relatively small ones such as KEF eggs or B&W VM1's. Again these are both fairly expensive, just for AV!!

I am looking to spend around £1-£1.5k on reciever, speakers and cables and would appreciate your advice.

Cheers,

Neil