Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help: AV-AMP AVC-A10SE died looking for insurance replacement

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by frustin, May 17, 2005.

1. frustin

frustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My av-amp died and i need a replacement. they dont make the A10SE anymore and i was wondering what i could get as a replacement. I need like for like in terms of features (i can refuse if it doesnt match I think).

the denon 3805 would seem like a modest swap do you think? What about other manufactures?

I've been waiting nearly a year for this to be replaced and i am a bit rusty on whats out there apart from denon.

thanks for any help :confused:

2. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Well, the replacement to the A10 is due any time, but it isn't exactly cheap.

Denon AVC-A11XV

As far as features are concerned, the 3805, and other similarly priced receivers are probably better specced, until you consider the quality of the amplication that is. Others to consider in the 3805 prce bracket include the Pioneer AX5, Marantz SR8500, or the Arcam AVR250.

If you have a look around the AV land website, they give a good breakdown of each product so you can compare specs against what you want.

3. frustin

frustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've decided that the best option is for me to get a 2805 and get a nice speaker setup.

One problem i have is that because its an insurance job i have been told that before they give me a cheque i have to get two quotes on the AVC-A11SR (which is like for like-ish the same spec as my AVC-A10SE). I have found exactly two sites with this amp at £1400 and £1800 respectively.

Although the site with the £1400 tag has the 2805 they dont have any speaker packages that i have seen mentioned in mags like What HiFi. I spoke to the guy in the shop and he is suggesting Infinity Oreus.

The site with the £1400 price tag is www.leconcepts.com (Leading Edge Concepts) anyone had any dealing with this site? I know the web site isnt very much to go by but the prices look good.