Help, Auxiliary Adapter for a Yaris

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by danny6684, Mar 19, 2006.

1. danny6684

danny6684

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I need some serious help. I have a 2004 Toyota Yaris, T3, WT-i

I want to play my MP3 player through the original head unit. I have been to halfords and got two auxiliary adapters and none of them fit my car. Does anyone know the problem to this or has anyone successfully fitted it into their car, and its the same model as mine.

I would appreciate anyones help, Thanks!!!

2. Krystal-ice

Krystal-ice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What model stereo do you have in your Yaris ?

i deal with a compnay that do AUx in adaptors www.connetcs2.com and although i havent fitted one to a yaris i have used them on other vehicles with no problems.

They list one for the Yaris :

Connects 2 AUX Adapter
    Toyota Yaris/Avensis/Corolla/Picnic/RAV4
    Fujitsu Ten/Matsush*ta
    Large 12 Pin Block

Also on some units you have to unpower the stero, connect the adaptor and leave the unit unplugged for around 5 mins for the new connection to be reconised, (happends on the VW's alot).

hope this helps

3. danny6684

danny6684

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have already tried to install 2 different connects adapters for toyota yaris and they both didnt fit. Im thinking that Toyota have changed the radios so u cant fit them anymore, but i dont know.
    I hope not

4. peter-audio

peter-audio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why dont you remove the pocket underneath the radio and replace it with a cd player with an aux-in ive done this loads of times and the good thing is you still keep the original radio in place (good for secuity), also sound quality which is a hell of a lot better than factory fit. all you do is disconect the plug from the back of the factory radio and buy an autoleads
    pc2-17-4 which converts the jap plug to iso so virtually every aftermarket radio will fit. removal of the radio is required, and the new radio is mounted using the pocket mount, if you have never done this before id advise going to a good audio store for installation,
    hope this helps

5. gcoaten

gcoaten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a June 2004 1.3 Yaris Blue, which came with a CD deck as standard. Glad I read your post I was about to purchase the Connects2 AUX device. Hopefully there is an answer to this, please keep me informed of your progress so I can follow suit.

NB. Connects2 said that if the CD/Radio was made by Fujitsu Ten or Matsush*ta there shouldn't be a problem was this the make of your radio? as I have yet to take my radio out i don't know what unit I have installed.

6. thebowl

thebowl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is interesting as I am researching a AUX adapter for my girlfriends 04 Yaris blue. Some people saying that the connects2 adapters don't fit or work correctly.

This page lists the tape deck from the earlier models as being Fujitsu Ten and the CD decks from the face lift models 03-05 as being made by Panasonic.
    MapleAudio

However this thread on this site someone says they have fitted a Connects2 adapter to a Yaris CD head unit.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/port...1551-toyota-yaris-stereo-upgrade-options.html

I'm confused!

There are two types of plug size the older one being the larger for the tape deck (CTVTYX001). Think i'll have to take a chance and buy the newer one (CTVTYX002) but you can never be 100% sure till you pull all the stereo out.

I'll post again for anyone in the future if I actually get round to doing it, probably if I get her an MP3 player for Xmas. I could save myself some trouble and take her clothes shopping but that would probably be more stressful than dismantling her dashboard.

7. thewiz80

thewiz80
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know that this is an old thread but i need to install the aux adapter in a Yaris Blue 04 and i am not sure which one to buy...

8. thebowl

thebowl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh mate this thread is dead. Just got an email after you posted, forgot I subscribed to it. I never got round to doing the job myself!

If I were going to do it i'd pay someone to sort it for us. Don't think it's worth the hassle, let someone else take the risk. She pays that car off in a couple of month so not much point now.

I installed a new head unit on a focus a while back, was supposed to be well easy with this kit all the forums said but it didn't work with the stem controls as it was supposed to. Must have been faulty processor on the wiring loom but too late to send it back so just lived with it.

Suppose it's a case of how much time you got spare and how much cash you got spare.

Save your money for a newer car with stuff built in so bad scallies don't smash your windows:devil:

If you do have a go post the results though.