HELP Audio drop out on SAMSUMG UE40ES5500

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by darosu, Jul 30, 2012.

1. darosu

darosu
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I see there are many posts on this but I need a specific answer I guess... Can any of you guys help?

I have just bought a shiny Samsung Freeview HD TV (UE40ES5500). It is connected via optical audio out to a Yamaha reciever (RX-V1000). Audio annoyingly regularly drops out for 0.5 secs on freewview HD channels. I believe this is due to switching from interlace to pregressive broad cast... either way it is very annoying

I have the latest firmware installed (T-MST10PDEUC-1023.2) and have done a RESET but still a problem. Audio from internal speakers does not drop out, but is generally rubbish. I can connect from the headphone socket but only with an annoying hiss

Is this problem with the TV or my amp? Will samsung ever be able to 'fix' this, or is it a lost cause?

Do other brands still have this issue on optical out? If I exhanged my TV I am likely to fix the issue or just end up with a TV i don;t really want and still have the issue??

Sorry for the drivel, but i am fed up with Samsungs poor customer support...

Any answers or thoughts greatly recieved...

Thanks

DAve

2. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +946
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/freeview/1659706-freeview-hd-channels-keep-cutting-out.html may help if your TV has a "DTV Smart Resolution" option?

A SCART breakout cable or phono outlets from the TV could avoid the hissy headphone amp issue? (As your amp has no hdmi input/outputs).

Other than that the Sale of Goods Act states that an item has to be 'fit for purpose' and you can argue that the sound output to a 5.1 amp is not functioning as it ought. (BTW does it give 5.1 out on BBC One HD and BBC HD during the Olympic events? - even with the 1/2 sec breaks? If yes, the TV is transcoding the audio stream to DD 5.1). Your contract is with the supplier, not Samsung, of course.

3. darosu

darosu
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the resonse.

The SCART idea was a good one. I have done that at got an acceptable solution for watching live freeview HD material. Thanks again

My new issue is that that if i use the Hard Disk record option i have to have the buggy digital sound, there is no output to the scart on recorded content. Never mind

As for your quesition regarding BBC HD, the optical output give Dolby Digital 5.1, but most of the conent sounds better when downgraded to a PCM Dolby Pro-Logic feed.

Cheers for solving most of my issues

Dave

4. the baron

the baron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    i am also having the same problem.bought a samsung ue37es5500b from richer sounds in june and then bought the samsung htd4500 blu ray home cinema.whilst watching freeview hd using dolby digital instead of pcm on the tv settings the sound keeps dropping out.the dolby digital is miles better when it works but i cannot put up with the droput.at the same time the audio was out with the video on all sources.sometimes working,most of the time not.i took it into samsung and they replaced the motherboard and the sound dropout is just the same.