1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, ati remote wonder poor range

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MrRails, Mar 25, 2003.

1. MrRails

MrRails

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced any problems with the ATI Remote Wonder's range. I'm not sure if I've got a problem with inteferance/setup or just I've got a duff rw. I originally bought it thinking it had excellent range but not having much joy at the moment.

I'm currently using it on w2kprosp3 and the pc is currently sitting behind the tv. I've taken out all other items in the room that also use rf i.e. speakers + kb/mse. Which did improve things but not much.

Using the 1.4 drivers, although have experienced problem on all versions of drivers.

My next test tonight is to install on xp on a different pc but I thought I'd see what other peoples experiences are like.

Any comments would be great to see if its worth trying to get this to work or should I stick it on ebay and get an irman.

Cheers
    MrR

2. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hmm... mine works through two partition walls at a range of about 8m quite well. =\

Something's not right - have you replaced the crappy batteries that come with it with some decent ones?

MuFu.

3. MrRails

MrRails

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I put some new one in but it can't hurt to try again. Good to see you're using it through walls so it works well when its in use.

Ta for the reply

MrRails

4. MrRails

MrRails

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like its an os or interferance problem. I installed the rw on another machine running xp and it all works fine. Shall look at playing with id's and os.

Cheers