Question Help.....Astell and Kern AK70

2jabs

Novice Member
To anyone that can help?

I am trying to find out how to get a digital output from the astell and kern ak 70,i know i need a usb mini OTG cable,but where do i go from there? I have a pair of kef lsx with a optical input and i want to connect my ak70 direct......do i need a specific usb audio DAC inbetween,or some sort of usb audio digital decoder?

Any help would be great.

dannnielll

Prominent Member
Wow.. going around in circles. The AK can give you a digital stream in USB format. You want to convert this to optical SPDIF?. But you presumably have a perfectly effective WiFi system in existence. ..otherwise you would not have picked these speakers.
Suggestion 1. Ensure that both devices are on the same home network and link them. Then the excellent DAC in the speakers will drive the process
Suggestion 2. Use a simple analogue cable into the aux input of the speaker and use the excellent DAC already in the AK .whether it is superior to that in the KEF is arguable.
What you would seek to avoid is inserting another DAC or encoder in the way.
Suggestion 3. There are usb to Spdif convertors, ,but this is the most inferior way of doing the task.

2jabs

Novice Member
Hi dannnielll,thanks for your advice,these methods are what i use for playing my kefs,i guess im just a bit curious as to how to use usb digital audio,and if it was a better way to connect to the kef,s. Basically using the ak70 as a digital transport.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom