• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help assisting newbie in purchase of first home cinema projector

glcreations

Standard Member
Hello all,

First time poster - please be nice!

Myself and my partner have just purchased our first house together, and the second bedroom is going to become our media room - Cinema has always been a large part of what we do - and the fact the room is a perfect square (3m x 3m) helps!

I'm looking to install a projector, and motorised screen, I have a relativly decent surround sound system at the moment, and will be using that for the audio side, but I am stumped by projectors.

I have a budget of up to £500 for the projector, and Ive been looking around, some seem to offer really high lumes (sp?) others couter this by the looks of things with contrast ratios.

Ive seen BENQ projectors on ebay - are these any good?

Info about the install - it will be in a 3m x 3m room with a drop down screen, Lighting will be dim to none, I will need a HDMI port, it will be celing mounted, and prodomanently for films, (so a quite projector is a must!) maybe a bit of gaming :)

Many thanks for reading, and i look forward to your suggestions!

Thanks!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom