Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

help ariel broke at christmas

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by radium, Dec 27, 2004.

1. radium

radium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all hope you all had a merry christmas :D

my mum lives in a tenement run by a local housing association (for those of you in england this is a large victorian building consisting of a close = entrance off of the street to stairs, which lead up to 6 houses 2 on each level.

the communal ariel snapped on christmas eve, meaning not a very good picture on the tv over christmas, everyone in the building's tv is the same crap picture quality.

no one in the close has a key to get up to the loft therefore get up to the roof to fix it

so with the housing association shut over christmas leaving only a emergency number who is liable to pay for the new ariel is it the housing association or all the tennants in the building ???

and could you tell me how much it is for a proper communal digital ariel and a installer to fit it to the roof which is about 60 metres of the ground ???

thx

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If there is a annual payment to a third party (which is the norm for say a communal Dsat systems) then they would be responsible for the upkeep and repair of the aerial and distribution.
    That aside, if you rent the house and your agreement doesn't specify maintenance of external fixtures it would once again be down to the owners/operators of the building as the provision of a working aerial would be part of the agreement.

Best I can do, housing associations/contracts etc are far to varied to say if A is true then B must also be true and as for costing, well that varies region to region and is dependent on the installers profit margins, size of the house/number of connections etc etc, too many variables to even guess which is what I would be doing:)