Help : Arendal 1723 vs B&W ct7.4 advice

I'm in a 6x4M room and I have the Arendal 1723S towers and they are big.
They overtake most rooms IMO in the UK.

If you're using subwoofers, I'd easily take the £1000 saving and the better more flexible placement flexibility of the S models. My S models have been pretty unwieldly and difficult to position in all honesty. The bigger brothers would have been even more of an issue.

Size and versatility is important long term.

Maybe this is a winning combo

1723 towers
1723 centre
1961 heights x4
1961 surround x4

Subs - monoliths are just too big a foot print
Svs pb3000
svs pb2000
Amp
anthem 1140 + anthem mca325

This is a very similar setup to what I'm considering. Did you end up going this route? What are your thoughts?

Thanks. I've actually just decorated in here this week and managed to move the surrounds back and down a little. So I'm sat at my preferred distance, with the surrounds a touch behind me. Hard to capture the colour in a photo.

The wall keeps whispering projector to me. 😂

View attachment 1500277
jeez you need a bigger room, the distance from sofa to front end isn't anything at all

jeez you need a bigger room, the distance from sofa to front end isn't anything at all
I don't need a bigger room at all, I'm sat exactly where I want to be from my tv. If I listened to randoms on the internet, I'd be stuck with tiny satellite speakers.

Well I’ve bought for better or worse a 7.2.4
Gone for Arendal 1723 towers and centre, 1723s surrounds 1961 atmos and SVS PB3000’s
Arendal support were very helpful. Unfortunately the towers and surrounds are not in stock so have to wait until June for delivery.

Well I’ve bought for better or worse a 7.2.4
Gone for Arendal 1723 towers and centre, 1723s surrounds 1961 atmos and SVS PB3000’s
Arendal support were very helpful. Unfortunately the towers and surrounds are not in stock so have to wait until June for delivery.
Congrats! You will love them.

Yeah I can’t wait, definitely going to be a lively setup
Why did you go for the S on the surrounds over the regular 1723? Cost? I'll be curious to know your impressions come June. I assume you went satin black, thus the delay in shipping?

Why did you go for the S on the surrounds over the regular 1723? Cost? I'll be curious to know your impressions come June. I assume you went satin black, thus the delay in shipping?
Seems like a lot of people are doing S surrounds which I don’t get. If you are going with 1723 front stage I would just stick with the same line for the whole setup.

Seems like a lot of people are doing S surrounds which I don’t get. If you are going with 1723 front stage I would just stick with the same line for the whole setup.

Probably don't need such wide bandwidth for surrounds? Also smaller so easier to place.

I think my bipoles have 5.25" X2

There was the cost but also the physical size.
The fronts I use for music and I wanted the option to run with or without subs so the 8” woofer of the std is perfect and this naturally means you would chose the centre in same range.
Arendal assure me that there is tonal match through their range and in fact this is configuration is what the use in their office with an Anthem receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom