• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help appreciated, budget projector required

Burgess007

Novice Member
Hi, I'm a noob to projectors, I have a 80inch wall space and I am planning to sit about 2.5m from the screen. I plan to watch blu ray and play ps3. Could anyone advise me about a budget projector no more than £500. It will be used 20hours a week roughly. Thanks

Burgess007

Novice Member
I can put the pj back 3m, the room has little natural light, the window is situated through an open doorway at the front of the house (we have converted our cellar to include two family rooms) and the room is off white. I would like to stretch to a benq 1070 but my wife is unseen to do this. I saw an optima h180x on richer sounds but am open to other ideas. Cheers

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
The 180 is a nice PJ, and if you are going new about the best you can get at the price. Can I ask where your sound will come from?

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Yes it will be great with ps3. As for sound the ideal situation and the one I recommend is a separate amp/receiver and speakers which obviously is more expense and around another £200 even 2nd hand. It depends whether you want lifestyle speakers or big in your face ones ;)

fido dido

if you want something that is compact then there are the led projectors like the lg pb60g or benq gp10 as there built for an 80 inch screen and for speakers get some powered pc speakers or an mp3 dock as there are headphone jacks at the back. check out the American site avs forum for some people with these

fido dido

just checked the back of the benq 1070 and that has a headphone jack for pc speakers as well . If you are just going to use the ps3 only you could get some powered speakers with optical out and plug them in the back of the ps3 for better quality

Last edited:

Burgess007

Novice Member
I have a Sony system with Audio out, I thought I might hook them up to the projector as a solution to the speaker issue. Thanks for the advice!

Burgess007

Novice Member
Got the projector today, plugged in and working, presently using my creative labs speakers from my pc. Have to say I'm loving it so far. Any ideas how to fine tune the picture, what should I be looking at?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom