1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Anyone using a Yamaha 1500 with sky+?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sillybeans, Jul 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. sillybeans

sillybeans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Yamaha 1500 has been at the Yamaha dealers for 6 weeks while they are trying to find out why the upconversion output from svideo is output as black and white. There have been emails flying between Germany,Japan and the UK and the current theory is that there are 2 types of svideo signal. "True" svhs and "esat" svideo. The first is 2 separate channels and the second a composite signal.. They think my sky plus box (pace 3100) could be outputting the esat signal.

Now, both my tv and projector get near RGB quality signal from the dedicated svideo socket on the sky box. When I use a composite signal, you can tell the difference instantly.

Does anyone out there use a pace 3100 successfully with a Yamaha 1500 using upconversion or can anyone confirm that the pace box gives a true svhs signal?

Cheers

Mike

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I have a Pace v2 Sky+ box and it does give a S Video signal from the S Video socket - rather than just composite over the S Video socket.

My Denon AVR2805 does up convert this fine to component - getting black and white from svideo does normally sound like composite being treated like svideo (svhs is something else) - I assume you are using the s video socket at the rear of the sky+ box and not just using a scart to svideo cable from the scart1/TV socket?

3. sillybeans

sillybeans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes definitely using the svideo socket. I'm pretty sure it's the amp thats at fault, but there are so few in the country that the repair guys have been finding it hard to get definite answers. Perhaps I should get my money back and get a denon. After all it's match my trusty old 2800!

Mike