1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Anyone have the last part of the BBC Coast series?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Voice of Fox, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Voice of Fox

Voice of Fox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!

I know this is a bit of a cheek but does anyone have the last part of the BBC Coast series that was aired on Fri 2nd September (Part 13)?!

My box filled up and seems to have deleted it. I've managed to record and burn onto DVD all the previous 12 episodes this far and now I'm missing the final one - aarrghh! The BBC is not planning to repeat it, either. I even bought a DVD recorder just to record the series so to say I'm disappointed is an understatement!

If anyone out there has it and would be willing to burn it onto a DVD-R and send it to me, I would be incredibly grateful. I will of course be more than happy to pay you for it!

Thanks in advance.

2. Jules1975

Jules1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BBC not repeating it as doubtless they will be flogging the whole thing on DVD at Christmas.

I can copy it to stone age VHS if you want.

3. Voice of Fox

Voice of Fox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the offer but I got rid of my VCR some months ago (rather foolishly as it turns out!).

Latest word from BBC is there are also no plans for a DVD either. They must have spent a fortune making the series and to show it once then never repeat or release it seems ridiculous...

4. Jules1975

Jules1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the problem with the BBC no repeats policy. People actually want repeats of decent stuff, just not endless repeats of home makeover shows etc.

5. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I can't help Jules as I had deleted my programme from the Sky+ Planner.

For what it's worth the final programme was virtually a recap of the whole series, just picking out features of the other programmes. However, it's a bit disappointing when you wanted to keep the whole series on DVD.

I thought it surprising that there wasn't a repeat of the episodes. Not everyone can always be home on Friday and Sunday evenings at 9 p.m. It's so easy to forget to record a programme or a glitch with Sky or tv. It will doubtless appear on DVD as it seems it was produced in conjunction with the Open University but not worth it for you when you have most of it already.

6. Voice of Fox

Voice of Fox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I thought I was being fortunate to have come this far and have all the episodes in tact.

The annoying thing is that it recorded fine but I didn't realise that Sky+ automatically wipes off stuff when recording new stuff if the disc is full and programmes haven't been flagged to 'Keep'.

I wish I had known that in advance! :mad:

The only reason I got to have all episodes is to Series Link it. Coast is not exactly Friday night fodder (I'm usually out anyway). It's perfect for Sunday though. Great for getting over a hangover!

Still, maybe someone will be still be kind enough to help me out with the final programme... :lease:

7. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    I have it recorded on my TiVo. Could (analogue) transfer to DVD-R. However missed the first minute I think.

PM me if that's OK.

8. Voice of Fox

Voice of Fox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fred, that would be absolutely brilliant. :clap: Though if anyone else out there has it without the first minute missing (picky, I know ;) ) I'd still be very interested!

9. Tocsin

Tocsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may have it (set to record while away on holiday, not seen yet). Email me with name/address details to tocsin@hotmail.com, and if complete I'll put it on -R for you tonight or tomorrow.

10. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28,236
    Dragging this up a bit, but BBC Four are doing Coast, Tuesday nights 7.00pm, thay are currently on the second episode.

HTH

Dave

Edit: it would appear to be Mondays as well ie 2 episodes a week.