1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Any tips for taking screen shots?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mark Ward, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Unsure of which forum to post this in but since it's FFDShow related....

I'm currently playing around with FFDShow and some other calibrations and would like some tips on how to take screen shots of precisely the same frame.

I'm using Theatertek and have a Canon Powershot S40 4MPixel camera. I know I can use the "Capture" button but I'm interested on what hits the screen rather than what leaves the HTPC.

Do you guy pause a still frame or take the picture with the movie running? Paused frames never seem so detailed to me.

How do you get a shot of EXACTLY the same frame?

I have a mini-tripod so I can keep the camera in the same position. I don't have the ability set set a specific shutter speed, but do have options for portraits, landscapes, sports etc. so I would asume that something with a faster shutter speed like "sports" would be the better one to use.

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers,

Mark.

2. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Anyone? :clap:

3. Pootle

Pootle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm not sure I agree about pause making it less crisp - I use PowerDVD and it doesn't do this.

For TV I typically just pick a quiet moment, and stick to things like news channels where the same overall picture (in the studio) carries on unchanged for several months.