Question help and suggestion for a amp

frankie84

Novice Member
HI,i am new to this forum stuff but am in need of help, . just purchased some polk s55e ,, i am running them on a marantz pm 6005. not sure this is adequate to get the best from them!do i need any more power. the polk,s run on 20w - upwards, my amp is 45 w . should i invest in a different amp to get the best from them or will my marantz drive them adequatly. if i need to change my amp , any help /suggestion,s please . buget if i need a amp would be around £600 pounds!.

muljao

Recommended 20-150w, 89db sensitive, no reason your marantz can't do the job adequately. Most important thing, how does it all sound to you?

frankie84

Novice Member
hi ,thanks for replys.
marantz is as good as it gets for the price (award [email protected]£350 when purchased).i do like it, just unshore if it could drive/ get the best from the polk,s with them able to handle big watts compared to the 45w amp .not wanting to waste money,eg- £500-600 on a new amp if not much inprovement. wish i could jusyify more but not a audiophile, just enjoy good quality sound that i can pump up it i feel like it !!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom