Help and opinions needed

Firthy247

Novice Member
Reaction score
1EDC5884-B404-4D57-8610-9AB60D07B278.jpeg

Guys I need some help with my set up at home. I have an Bose lifestyle system but it the old one without the hdmi slot and to be fair I’ve had my money’s worth out of it.

I need something new but as all cables are buried in walls and ceilings I will have to reuse.

So I’m looking for a direct replacement something similar. The sub is situated just under slot two on the right of the picture, that’s also where the Bose head is situated.

I’d gladly pay some good money for a great setup. Just afraid that the space for speakers/speaker wires (see picture) is going to be a problem. I could maybe move out the speakers to the edge of the wall to accommodate new front speakers. Tears aren’t a problem. Any suggestions on here. Only using the Bose at the moment for sound only. Not bothered about blue ray or anything like that I watch Netflix and sky and listen to a tonne of music.

Any help appreciated.

kind regards

Neil

You have a beautifully presentation for video, unfortunately not the greatest for audio. You will need a good receiver and that itself could be compromised by where it will have to be placed as it looks as though you have height problems if it's to go to the right of the TV. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Speakers are the most important part of any audio set up and I wonder if you do have the space for standmounts left and right, perhaps dispensing with a centre and running as 4.1 as you don't really seem to have the room for a good centre placement. Otherwise you would be looking for small speakers again that would not bring much more to the party than you already have.

As for serious music listening that's a whole different ball game and very dependant on source and amp so picking the right receiver is very important.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I think the best person for you to talk to about speakers for your room that will fit in with the décor would be Rich at Seriously Cinema.
@Seriously Ltd

I have the Sony with the speaker screen. I’m able to use that as a centre speaker I seem to remember in the settings. There is room out of that slot behind the sofa arm where the amp is.

As I said I could move the speaker further to the right and left of the tv. On the floor isn’t an option. Does that open up my options? Any thoughts on having to use the existing wiring. I can easily change the front ones but the rear isn’t an option.

Thank for any help in advance.

Firthy247

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
How cool are they !

Very. I have some of their Micros as atmos speakers but those would like really nice hanging from the ceiling

Sorry guys I am ok with the Bose setup for the tv if that is an issue with space. But I listen music in the same room and looking to replace the speakers I have now to a better performing system entirely.

Sorry that picture threw you a little

Attachments

• C0664A3E-22F2-415C-95C7-3424A60DFD16.jpeg
    C0664A3E-22F2-415C-95C7-3424A60DFD16.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 11
  • B05A1099-6CA0-44E0-A2FE-0557B5AED12D.jpeg
    B05A1099-6CA0-44E0-A2FE-0557B5AED12D.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 12

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom