Help and advice

I'll take a picture of my boy in his seat so you can see how much room there is, obv all RF seats and children are different but will give an idea. For safety over my perception of my son's comfort levels I am in no rush to move him forward facing, they are super flexible when they're young as bones and joints aren't as fused as ours are as adults. Probably why they can take stumbles and falls that would do us in!

Camera on phone is awful and I was in a rush but here's the best I got -

Attachments

• 1428262572063.jpg
    1428262572063.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 156
Ah thats not as bad as I thought. Bet the seats are mighty pricey, will grab one that will do front facing eventually.

Thanks for the pic Rori :)

Camera on phone is awful and I was in a rush but here's the best I got -

That looks fine. How far can the seat in front go back? I know it depends upon the car but if it takes up a lot more room than a baby car seat then it could be an issue in some cars.

I think we got the pre-guidelines chair reduced due to new model with the alarms in the isofix and footwell support thing coming out, was around £300 give or take but think the new model was around £400-450, new model looked nicer and slightly different on the ratchet thing and the footwell support bar thing, was a little more user friendly but not enough of a difference to justify extra costs.

It's worth a look at them, I was against the idea but wouldn't go back now to forward facing as my first choice.

Seat in front goes back just enough that I can sit without my knees touching the dashboard of our skoda roomster (im 5'11/6ft) but it's not comfortable on longer journeys for me, I like to stretch out and I'm fidgety lol definitely need to try the seats in the car and your child in there too to see what it's like. My wee man looks far more comfortable in this chair than my daughter did in any of her previous or current ones. If anyone is in Scotland the shop in dunfermline is called little peas, great staff and very happy to show you different seats in store and in your car, the boy there is the main repairer or something of Be Safe chairs in Scotland or so he said. I can't stress the importance of checking the chairs in your own car enough though, regardless of brand etc you need to be able to fit it safely and be able to fit everyone in the car as required. Good luck hunting the perfect chair guys, one of the biggest headaches in parenthood!!

Edit for info my partner (5 ft 1) can fit in the front seat with a changing bag and some shopping in the footwell too just to give an idea of space available in passenger seat. It would be impossible for me to drive with this seat behind me though

Well it seems like decades since all that worry and all those questions, but guess who was one yesterday ?

ImageUploadedByAVForums1430048292.740316.jpg

ImageUploadedByAVForums1430048305.057577.jpg

ImageUploadedByAVForums1430048315.699879.jpg

ImageUploadedByAVForums1430048325.609446.jpg

Again a huge thank you to everyone for all the advice and kind words way back when. I can remember typing that original message sat on the hospital bed in maternity on the third occasion of Daisy going back to hospital in first ten days and seeing how small and hungry she was.

Now though she eats for England, you name it, she eats it !

It's amazing to look back at this thread and read back the fears I had and still can't express how thankful I am for all the help

Daisy is now just over two and the greatest thing in my world. Growing by the day and such a great little talker, so once again thanks very much

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

My boy is just a few weeks older, been so quiet for the first two years, cried and screamed but wasn't really one for talking, just let his older sister do that. Until about two months ago, now you can't get him quiet lol he gets progressively louder and more talkative as the day wears on

My boy is just a few weeks older, been so quiet for the first two years, cried and screamed but wasn't really one for talking, just let his older sister do that. Until about two months ago, now you can't get him quiet lol he gets progressively louder and more talkative as the day wears on
The paradox of parenting that you spend all those years wishing they could talk and as soon as they can you wish they would just be quiet!!!!!!

Absolutely

They're walking c'mon kid keep going wahey no hands, aww they said daddy!

Sit still and be quiet, ask mummy. :D

now you can't get him quiet lol he gets progressively louder and more talkative as the day wears on
Just like his dad on AVF then :D

:devil:

Sorry, couldn't resist :thumbsup:

Well it's time when I start to think back to these days and these questions and begin to read back through this thread with both a smile and likely a tear, but above all, a continued huge thanks to all those who helped close to theee years ago, my little girl is growing up fast and is my whole world. Your help and advice was invaluable. So we both say hi and thanks

IMG_0532.JPG

Cheers mate
I love every minute of it,
She is such a good girl, I can count on one hand the number of sleepless nights we have had once all the initial issues where over, she is not really a cryer, she eats everything going, and she is a marvellous talker who I have been able to hold proper conversations with since just after she turned two

Loving your top knot :devil::laugh:

your daughter looks cute too :)

Loving your top knot :devil::laugh:

your daughter looks cute too :)

It seems it was only me who never noticed the hair thing

She is gorgeous. Has me wrapped round her little finger

The wrapped around the finger thing doesn't really change.

Just came back from a 300km round trip so she can get the shoes and bag that match her dress for her prom.

She needed to go so she could actually see them with her dress.

As yet I haven't seen the dress myself but my wife says she will look stunning.

M

So .....

it dawned on me yesterday as my little girl turned seven that I should really return here and once again thank all those who contributed all those years ago and helped keep me calm and level headed and helped with my questions.
Know it will forever be appreciated

My little monkey is now 7

44140338-18CC-4DBC-A60B-57FEB117CF5F.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom