Help and Advice - what Media Player??

Geeman1973

Standard Member
Firstly I've recently bought a Popcorn Hour A110 which replaced my LaCie LaCinema Classic.

It is so close to being brilliant, but it is at the moment pretty shoddy and unusable. I may get it sorted out but at the moment feel like giving up. I would like to know if there's an alternative around that will do what I want as well.

I would like to:
+ Play HD content videos (720 and 1080i)
+ Subtitle support - essential (can use mkv subtitles and srt subtitles)
+ xvid/divx support
+ Portable to transfer via usb from my pc (I have the popcorn hour using my network but its very buggy and keeps dropping the signal so makes it unworkable at the moment)

That's pretty much it - i'm not really bothered about being able to stream files, I'd prefer to be able to store all my files in one place and then play them in HD with subtitles on my tv.

I would consider getting something that plays HD content and then getting a usb hard drive to connect to it.

Any advice or help appreciated. In theory the A110 should do this - but at the moment it really doesn't and is very very slow and buggy.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom