Help and advice required please:Recording trainee instructors

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sapper, Mar 4, 2013.

1. sapper

sapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Help and advice required please:

I am not sure whether this is the best place for this thread or whether it should be in video cams (so will probably post it there as well)

I am a member of an organisation that is involved in the training of instructors..

As such we record their lessons onto a Samsung HDD DVD recorder - burning onto the HDD and then moving to a DVD.

However the DVD recorders are showing their age and are becoming unreliable to burn the video content onto the DVD - various issues occur.

The video cameras are remote controlled and connect the the DVD recorders using the old yellow composite lead - plugged into a SCART adapter together with the sound from two ceiling mounted microphones.

I have been given permission to buy some replacement DVD HDD recorders. Whilst I have not been set a budget, obviously cheaper the better. I will require at least four; if not five!

Searching Amazon and other online retailers briefly suggest that the number of models available are few in between these days.

So can anyone suggest a model of a DVD recorder that will work. I guess it doesn't need to be a HDD model but could help in that we can finalise the discs after wards - when the students deliver their lessons there is always a time constraint 6 students in 2 1/2 hours (they deliver a ten minute practice)

Alternatively is there a Video recorder that will allow us to record onto a memory card and then copy that file onto a CD/DVD on a PC if the students do not have a PC with them to move the file from the memory card onto their laptop?

Any suggestions most welcome

Adrian

2. formbypc

formbypc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Move to Panasonic?

3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,051
    Any and every DVD recorder will work with the composite and audio feeds that you describe.

Forget any chance of being able to use SD cards. DVD recorders are deliberately very restricted in terms of what can be shifted on and off a machine by this route and you will run into great if not insurmountable difficulties.

I strongly recommend having DVDR's with internal HDD's. They provide many advantages and are more or less the norm these days.

The only 'basic' DVDR I am prepared to recommend is this unit.

If such is too expensive, then buy anything... except Samsung DVDR's which have a notoriously poor reputation here.