1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help an idiot

Discussion in 'TVs' started by UKChap, Jul 29, 2005.

1. UKChap

UKChap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I going to buy a HD ready Plasma and a Panasonic Home Cinema system with the DVD player etc. Will the the Home Cinema system be useless when HD comes in and won't work on Sky HD programs or play HD DVD's???

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If you're particularly worried about HD, best to wait about a year. HD ready plasmas are only just arriving, and the longer you wait, the cheaper they will be. Existing DVD players will not play many HD disks. In my opinion, it will be at least 5 years before HDTV becomes commonplace in the UK.

3. UKChap

UKChap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TV im buying will be okay but the Home Cinema kit will be useless I assume and won't work on Sky HD progs & HD DVD's...can you get HD ready Home Cinema systems??

4. Hillskill

Hillskill
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,340
    I imagine your cinema system will be used to process 5.1 surround sound which will still be the standard with HD pictures. No HD playback devices apart from PC's are available as yet so what you have should be fine.

5. UKChap

UKChap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks very much :thumbsup: