• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Help - amp to amp problem!

ic100

Standard Member
Hi there

I wonder if any of you out there would be able to help me with something.

I basically have a Vaio Media PC going by HDMI into an Onkyo 875 in my living room.

I have recently added a new room downstairs and also want to put speakers in there. I saved my old 5.1 system (Sony DAV S500?) for this.

Occasionally I want the music from my Vaio to go to both amps. Any idea on how to do this? I tried a usb audio sender which sent the sound but cut it off at source. My bro-in-law says this will happen with Vista. He suggested plugging an AV receiver into the headphone socket on the TV to bypass the Vista issues but this doesn't work either.

Surely there's a simple solution?!

Any advice greatly appreciated

Ian

AciidSn3ak3r

Well i have tried this but without HDMI.
You could put a splitter on the Vaio PC audio port. Usually represented as a green input. and take two cables and take one to the Onkyo and one to the Sony.
Its just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

inzaman

Not DIY related so will try in receivers for you :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom