Help Amp and Speakers

ngoosey

Novice Member
New to AV Forums, and need some advice, I have recently got my old separates out of the loft, Rotel RA930AX Amplifier, Morduant Short MS10i speakers, Marantz CD 48, Chromecast and recently purchased Rega Planar 1.
I have sent them all up in a small room , and was considering investing in a new amp and speakers, I have recently heard the Arcam SA10 paired with Dali Oberon 1, which to my untrained ear sounded better than the Rotel and MS. I have an eclectic taste in music, listen to anything from Soft Rock, Reggae, to soft jazz and classical. I suspect that I will be listening mainly via Turntable and Streaming music via Spotify, my budget would be upto 1K, any advice would be much appreciated.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
You’re right in your assumptions, the speakers are very basic, though very good at their price point. They can easily be bettered.

The amp is a good one indeed. But again can be bettered, and it’s getting on a bit too, so it’s a good idea anyway.

For a tad of a stretch on the budget you could get this phenomenal pairing. A genuine bargain all round.

And this pairing for just inside your budget.

If you’d prefer to stay with standmounts then this a good deal too.

And as you were pleased with the Arcam then this bundle, well within your budget is a good choice.

The digital inputs on the Arcam would update your CD48 too, and all ow you to add your tv to the hifi.

Last edited:

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
The Rotel has a very good phono stage as well as having a healthy current reserve in the tradition of Rotel.

And it also has a good quality Bluetooth too.

ngoosey

Novice Member
Thanks for the suggestions, must be stand mounts so will look at BW 607s and Oberon 1s, and hopefully be able to demo them with both SA10 and A11 tribute.

the groundsman

AS you are considering the little Dali . My experience might be helpful.

My listening room is only 3x4m so thought the Dali Oberon 1s would be fine. Unfortunately they lacked any weight at the low end. I was very disappointed until I added a BK Gemini 2 Sub which was a revelation.

ngoosey

Novice Member
AS you are considering the little Dali . My experience might be helpful.

My listening room is only 3x4m so thought the Dali Oberon 1s would be fine. Unfortunately they lacked any weight at the low end. I was very disappointed until I added a BK Gemini 2 Sub which was a revelation.
Again thanks for advice, clearly I need a trip to local hifi dealer and spend some time listening.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom