Help - all digital dead, only stereo direct works?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by kelimutu, Feb 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kelimutu

kelimutu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bougt a brandnew AVR300 from Lintone (yes brand new i box), hooked it up and everything worked just fine during installation, all channels worked during setup, but after first listen to a CD tru Direct mode everyting else is now quiet, if i turn direct mode off nothing happens, as if the digital circuitry is dead? Can this happen?

DVD is set to bitsream, the connections are fine, but in the AVR300s display it onlys says PCM wen switched to DVD input, as if it does not detect a signal. But, there is no sound via the analouge cables from the CD either, only in Direct mode, so i suspect there is someting wrong with the digitalboard.

Any suggestions?

2. kelimutu

kelimutu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Things get even wierder. ast night when i was experimenting, for a wile the digital sound came back. Everything worked just fine for an hour, tried with a movie from DVD (wit coax)excellent sound, tried with CD (analogue cables) excellent sound in direct stereo AND with DSP, enjoyed the Neo6 Music for example, very nice sound, but after a while the DSP once again decided not to play ball, and everything got silenced. Again, switching to direct mode sound is great, but in DSP modes it just make a "pop" sound in the speakers when a move the volume. When everything worked, there wa no "pop" sound so i assume there is some kind of wrong with the digital circuits, but how and why?

3. cammy

cammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22

4. kelimutu

kelimutu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks, i did that and they are very helpful, i awaitinstructions from Arcam,probaby service/warranty required....

5. blue max

blue max
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,315
    See if they will give you an AVR350 instead :smashin:
    I know I wouldn't want to have a brand new unit repaired.

Graham

6. Clem_Dye

Clem_Dye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +589
    Not on something brand new. You are within your rights to reject the unit and ask for either a refund or a replacement. I certainly wouldn't expect something brand new to need repairs.

Clem