Question Help after accidentially changing service settings on h2600

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Dan_McKeown, Jun 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Dan_McKeown

Dan_McKeown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi there,

Hopefully AVforums can help me out as you all have never steered me wrong before. Before we start, I realise it was silly entering the Service Menu, etc.

Basically I have a UE60H6200 and I bought a Smart Remote off ebay for it. Turns out the Smart Remote wouldn't pair unless you enabled it in the service menu. When searching around for the correct menu to turn it on, I accidentally hit the left button instead of back and I think I changed some settings - I originally did some sort of HDMI calibration test which then failed.

After this, my TV gave a horrific picture, everything had an overwhelming green tint on it, to the point where everything as basically just different shades of green. I think at some point as well, I also changed the 'Type' in the field where you choose your panel type. I did find a guide on here that sort of helped decode them but I'm still not sure what it should be, although there are only so many 60 inch options on there. I tried using the help of a few guides but didn't get very far - I got rid of the green tint, but only at the expense of pink whites, etc.

Essentially my question is twofold -

a) can anybody categorically tell me which code I should be selecting in the 'Type' field so I can make sure I revert it back to the setting it's supposed to have

b) how can I recalibrate my TV so I get the same picture it was showing before? I literally got the bloody thing 3 days ago, wish I'd never ordered the smart remote now!!

Any help would be massively appreciated

2. Dan_McKeown

Dan_McKeown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I've thankfully managed to fix this, although it would still be nice to confirm what Panel Type the TV should be set to -