1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help AE300 S-VHS problem?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lister, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Lister

Lister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Basically one of the pins snapped off from my s-video lead and is still stuck in the socket of my AE300, any idea on how I can get it out?
    Use to take me ages to try and insert it everytime I wanted to use the projector, finally gave up and left it in, anyone else have similar a poblem? Not sure if the problem is with the lead or the projector or a combination of both. Bought the lead from VDC (10M 4 pole SVHS lead) on 23 June.
    I don't really want to get rid the lead as i paid alot of money for it, any ideas on where or how I can fix it or if I can return the lead as its been less than 6 months?

2. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same 10m VDC SVHS cable and an AE300 and haven't had a problem :eek:

I'd go back to VDC and see if they'll replace the cable.

-- Jon

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    Well you can always buy a new minidin plug and replace the old one if you are ok at soldering ( minidin are a pain to solder though ).

As for the pin you might be better off opening the machine and pushing it out of the socket with a pin from inside. You might be able to get it with a pair of tweezer or needle nose pliers from the outside but you might chew up the socket.

Its svideo by the way . SVHS is a tape format.

4. Lister

Lister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks.
    I've tried with a tweezer from the outside, but no luck. I guess my only alternative is opening it up. Has any one else opened up their AE300, any advice?

5. Lister

Lister
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Also before I open it, are you sure you can push it through from the other side, as i been told that generally this cannot be doneAs the other side is usually blocked.