1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help/advice on Panasonic home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Adrian Hughes, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Adrian Hughes

Adrian Hughes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have just bought a Panasonic 32" HD ready LCD and im looking for a nice basic home cinema system to go with it.

I want the system to have 5.1 for DVDs and a nice sound for listening to CDs and RDS radio also. I will be playing XBOX through the system but my questions are this =

the panasonic SCHT330 which we have been looking at does not have an optical in on the back for Xbox or SKY to plug into to, so that means we will only be getting stereo pro.logic 2 out of the xbox and sky. Will the sound still be good compared to 5.1 for this?

I would like to keep it panasonic as I do like a matching system. Our lounge isnt the biggest, so the SCHT330 seems to be a nice system for what were looking at. Has anyone got this system? We can get the SCHT530 for just £10 more, but the SUB seems to be very beefy, which will be an over kill for our lounge.

Will the SCHT330 work well with a 32" LCD?.

Regards

Adrian Hughes.

2. Adrian Hughes

Adrian Hughes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    anyone used one !?

3. pallison

pallison
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I don't have either of these systems, but Which? magazine recently tested the £250 SCHT530 and rated it as a best buy second only to the £500 Denon DHT-500SD system. It was listed as ideal for the average lounge, just not being as loud at full volume as the Denon - so it sounds ideal for you.

BTW if you have a look on pricerunner.co.uk you can get a multiregion SCHT530 for just over £160 :)

4. Adrian Hughes

Adrian Hughes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks mate,

I will go and measure the sub from comet tonight , and see if I can fit it in !. its a few inches toooo big for what we want, and where it is to fit.

Ade

5. daddyp

daddyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The sub can go anywhere! Just stick it behind one of your chairs. The ear can't differentiate where bass noise comes from and it should be dampened by the chair anyway.

6. bs77

bs77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    the 530 is far the better system mate. I install panasonic equiptment for a living and its definatly the better system

7. Scotty01

Scotty01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So if you install Panasonic equipment, I have an SCHT 1500 Home Cinema System. How does that stack up with the other equipment out there ?

8. Adrian Hughes

Adrian Hughes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    the 530 is better in which way?...also , when im watching SKY movies / or MTV will it play them in full pro. logic2? or just sound of the front 3 speakers and sub?

Ade

9. daddyp

daddyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just set this up at my Dad's house and all I can say is oh My God!!! Put Master and Commander on and the battle scenes were unbelievable. Had to turn off the H bass as it was a bit of overkill and drowned out the high stuff, but when we got it set up correctly it's simply fantastic. With regards the Sky debate, we had it coming out of all speakers but didn't have much time to play around with this. For £170 you can't go wrong I'm very tempted to order one myself now.