help/advice on my samsung ht-x30t

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by jonax00, Jun 16, 2008.

1. jonax00

jonax00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello everyone, :)

i've searched the forums, sadly i didn't find a similar problem or solution to my problem... maybe this is just a simple one. :rolleyes:
    i have a new samsung ht-x30t model :), i played my movies using my usb flash drive.
    i wanna try playing a HD movie, so i bought a 8gb flash drive, unfortunately, a HD movie i wanna copy to my usb doesn't fit (file too large):(. so i split the movie into 2 parts and copied the 1st part to my usb(3.9GB), but when i plugged it in the unit and selected the usb, the machine doesn't play the file & just skips the movie file to play another dvdrip file(700mb avi). :confused:
    this is aside from the fact the machine couldn't play certain movie files(codec not supported), but the movie file i wanna watch does not have any errors like the above mentioned, the machine just plays the next one on the list.:rolleyes: this after "reading" the file for a few seconds...

whew... :oops:sorry for the mile long story/explanation...

any suggestions/comments/ideas/solutions and tips on how to work around this problem are much welcomed! :lease:

my thanx to you for reading! :thumbsup: and your help too!;)

2. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Samsung HT-X30 cannot play HD DVDs. It can only play upscaled SD DVDs. What file structure did you use when you trimmed the movie down to 3.9Gb?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  3. jonax00

jonax00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahhh! i see... so that's why it just skips the file and play the next one. :lesson:

what a file structure? :confused: sorry, i'm not familiar with the lingo... is it the .avi or the divx? how would i know sir? :rolleyes:

anyways, i've worked around the problem... i burned it in a hard disk folder - converting the movie to a dvd file (video_ts), and instead of burning to a blank dvd disk, i copied the folder to my flash drive - works beautifully! :cool: although not at full screen, but hey, at least it's more crisp than the normal dvdrip i have, right? :D

thanx for the reply sir. much appreciated! :smashin: