Help & Advice on a Sound Bar for HiRes Music

Frum Tarn

Novice Member
Hi I am moving into a new house and my wife has said that my Hifi is not allowed but I can have a new sound bar etc. I am willing to invest in the system.

I will mainly use it for viewing TV / Film's but also listening to my music collection which is mainly in flac. This is stored on a server.
I understand that this will be a compromise, but I want to stay married.
(And yes, I am scared of my wife).

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Have you considered a passive stereo or multi-channel 'speakerbar' for the Front LR or LCR and use it with a conventional Amp or AVR?

Have you considered alternative options such as Artcoustic or other flat on-wall/in-wall solutions - Artcoustic can double up as a piece of art so are not obvious as a loudspeaker.

Any pics/layout plans for the room?

Joe

Frum Tarn

Novice Member
Have you considered a passive stereo or multi-channel 'speakerbar' for the Front LR or LCR and use it with a conventional Amp or AVR?

Have you considered alternative options such as Artcoustic or other flat on-wall/in-wall solutions - Artcoustic can double up as a piece of art so are not obvious as a loudspeaker.

Any pics/layout plans for the room?

Joe
Hi the room has not been built yet but it will be 7mtrs long x 3.75mtrs wide with a glass roof (Tripple glazed) and glass bifolding doors (Tripple glazed) with stone end walls. I will have approximatley half the room for the TV etc the rest been dining.
I am open to any suggestons. The house is a listed building.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
It sounds like an interesting project and will be a bit of a challenge with audio when you have lots of glass plus an open-plan layout.

Integrating the speakers into room design may allow you to steal a bit of the ‘design’ budget into the entertainment system budget.

Any thoughts on using split zones (Lounge+Dinner)?

Joe

Frum Tarn

Novice Member
The room has to stay open plan the speakers are just for the TV bit with the reat of the room as a bounus.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Plenty of ways to ‘zone’ an open-plan area - folk usually ask for some form of background music system in the dining area independent of the TV/Music area.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom