1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help/Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Se7en77, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Se7en77

Se7en77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, need a little help.

I have bought a Philips 37PF9946 (wish I had checked here first), the picture isn't great, and i'm having problems when playing DVD's or watching Sky, seems to be OK when watching through aerial, although can't get a great picture.

I think the TV may be faulty, that the connections aren't right in the TV, I think Richer Sounds might have sold me one that has already been used. they have said they will take it back, but I can't get there before Saturday.

Before I take it back, has anyone else had a faulty one of these, and have I been unlucky ??
    I would rather not get rid of it cause I like the look and it's within my budget.

Just want to make sure my settings are OK as well.
    I have a Sky box plugged into the 1st Scart Socket, and a Pioneer 420 DVD Recorder into the 2nd, both with decent scart leads, they are both set to output RGB. Is there anything I can change, anyone know what the colour settings on the TV should be, or is there a chance it's faulty ??

Thank you !!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    unfortunately RS have convinced you to buy a crap plasma go back and get a panasonic you will be very happy see the FAQ at the top of this forum for how too connect a panny panel for TV use

3. Se7en77

Se7en77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a feeling I would get that sort of response.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well i would actually say take it back (they will sell it some other Chump) and buy from a retailer who doesnt sell Crap (what dop you think happens to all the stuff people take back to RS???) and sort something proper out.....its not like we are tlaking about £50 is it!

5. Se7en77

Se7en77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fair enough :laugh:
    I am going to take it back, but as I don't have the box (someone knicked it from my bin area) they will only take it back for an exchange.

They mentioned a Fusion set, but don't know anything about them, so was thinking of the Panasonic (as mentioned in previous thread), but there are loads of extras to buy for that, and nothing they have in stock.
    I just need a Scart terminal board, with 2 scarts and RGB (for X-Box/PS2), and speakers.

Might kick up a fuss, get a refund and buy elsewhere !!

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    dont touch the crap third party tuner they will try and sell you get a pioneer 402 AV amp (has 3 fully wired scart inputs and an OUTPUT) and go:
    SKY>DVDR>402
    Xbox>402
    PS2>402 (need RGB scart cables for consoles)
    402>JS RGB>VGA converter (£120 ish)
    looking at £500 ontop of PW7 price for full 5.1 surround sound with the panny or waste £200 getting it connected for stereo and then £250-300 for panny clip on speakers...................Trust me 402 route is very popular, works well and is easy to use and quality............

7. Se7en77

Se7en77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All sounds good, any suggestions for speakers ??
    What about where to get the Pioneer 402 ?? Seen it on hifistore.co.uk for £189 !!

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    RS some times have them £200 is roughly going rate, try and get RS to Price match.... either Canton CD1 or Tannoy FX5.1 (tannoys can be had from RS) for £199 Cantons SRP is £500 in uk but can be had for almost half that in germany see the big canton CD1 thread in speakers forum for more info....

9. Lol2001

Lol2001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Se7en77,
    My name is Lol Lecanu, and I am the Richer Sounds Marketing Manager. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your purchase, and would like to help you resolve the situation. If there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to email me (lol@richersounds.com)
    L

10. Se7en77

Se7en77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, you're funny !!