1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!advice needed regarding insallation ideas

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by karlosvandango, Aug 3, 2005.

1. karlosvandango

karlosvandango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,im going to purchase a 32 inch lcd tv which im going to mount in my lounge which is a plaster board wall.any ideas how i can conceal the cables as i cant stand the site of cables all over the place.

2. Karl-d-audio

Karl-d-audio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cut a hole large enough to push your cables through on the wall behind the plasma.
    Then do the same where you would like them to come out but directly below the first hole and make sure you cut it to fit a single plate back box this time.
    Pull the cable through.
    Leave the hole above and behind the plasma as it is, because you shouldnt be able to see it if you place it right.
    Put a back box with fixing ears in the bottom cutting after pulling the cables through it.
    After you have tightened the box its time to fix the plate on but not with out cutting the correct size hole for the cables to come through unless you wish to fit little sockets on which requires soldering but is the best way to make a permenant fix installation.

This is a very simple and easy job to do.

Hope you get it done nicely how ever you do it.

3. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    This is exactly what I am going to do, when we finally get round to doing the Lounge.

But my walls are brick, so I am going to install a false MDF floor to ceiling panel with a cut out to mount the wall bracket through it onto the wall and the faceplates in the false wall and cables down and out at the bottom.

Planning on using this to be able to get the screen out and round the fire place.
    http://www.premiermounts.com/adapterSpecs.asp?ProductID=&PartID=37

4. Karl-d-audio

Karl-d-audio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not a bad bracket to use but i would be irritated by adjusting the cable length every time you extend the arm if you see what i mean.
    I could see that long MDF mounting board would look awesome painted silver with a plasma sitting on it, nice idea!

5. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Karl,

No need to worry about adjusting the cable length. The hinged frame of the arm has cable tidy points on it so that the cable length stays the same at all times.

Chris