1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help/advice needed from fellow X-Boxers

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Bloyd, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Bloyd

Bloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Wonder if you can shed any light on this one..

I have a 2 year old X-Box, which has been performing well until recently. The last six or so games I've bought (Ghost Recon, KOTOR, Clone Wars, Rainbow Six) are not recognised by the unit, I find the only way to get them up & running is to press furiously on the start button on the controller while the disc is booting up.

I popped in MOH: Rising Sun yesterday (should I have bothered?) & the disc is not able to run no matter what I do. The drive seems to read it for 20 seconds before the same message screen pops up.I've tried Lens cleansers, but no improvement. Is the internal drive knackered ? If so, now that the unit is out of warranty is a repair in order or should I wait until the smaller, improved X-Box arrives? When exactly is the smaller unit due?

Any help from fellow gamers would be appreciated.

2. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    You should contact Microsoft - apparently lots of the launch XBoxes struggle to read the latest game discs cos the old drives weren't up to much, and the newer discs are dual-layer.

There have been a lot of cases where MS have replaced the faulty drive at no cost. Try www.xbox.co.uk for contact details. I can't access the site to confirm this ATM, but I think that's the best place to start

3. Bloyd

Bloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Mr_Belowski,

Have contacted customer services & arranged collection, repair & delivery FOC. Top marks to Microsoft for customer care, perhaps other companies (Sony listening?) should take note.

Thanks again

:smashin:

Bloyd