Help a total noob!!

pumaknight

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have got myself into a total mess and could do with your help. I want to get a HD DVD player but am uncertain if it will be worth it with my TV.

I have a Panasonic TH37PX600B which I think plays at 1080i or 720p. But the HD DVDs (or Blu Ray) say that it plays at 1080p!! And that is where I lose the will to live!!

So will my TV play HD DVDs at will I notice a difference?

Here's hoping you can help me.

Thanks

andythescientis

On my 43" pioneer i can easily see the difference between upscaled DVD and HD-DVD with an EP35 sitting at around 8/9 feet away.

Don't worry too much about the 1080p/i/720p stuff. HD-DVD/BD work on any HDready sets :)

Skiprat

Novice Member
Yeah they should play fine mate :thumbsup:

Not too technically minded my self but i think it just means they can play up to 1080p if the screen can't take it it will play at 720p

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more

pumaknight

Standard Member
Thanks guys - much appreciated.

Now I just have to work out which format is best - or wait until a choice of dual players comes out.

Ever noticed how all the the films you want are split equally over the formats - go figure - don't you just love it.

pumaknight

Standard Member
Heh - dual is the only way to go - Shame I am a hooked PC guy - PS3 or Xbox would be the ideal solution - damn you PC, why are you so good!!!

Roll on competition for the Samsung - bring it near the £300 mark then I am biting :) Other wise I will have to have 2 players and that is just excessive.