Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help a spanish guy:-)) Philips 32PW8608 vs. 32PW8807

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jjdelalamo, Oct 30, 2003.

1. jjdelalamo

jjdelalamo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all.

I´m going to buy a new 32" 100Hz TV and I have two possible choices, both from Philips:

32PW8608: New model, 2 SCART only, no Digital Natural Motion, 950€

32PW8807: Past model, 3 SCART, Digital Natural Motion, 970#€

I also have a problem with the max. depth of the TV, so I´d like to know if both TVs share the same "box" (Sorry for my lack of vocabulary, I'm spanish). The Philips documentation says 55,7 cm in both cases.

¿Is it better a new model with fewer features or an "old" higher segment one? Here the price is not a decissive issue.

Thanks in advance,

jjdelalamo

2. GUSi

GUSi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi from Asturias

I would go for the 8807 without a doubt! Where can you find it at this price? It's very cheap... in Fnac it's about 1.500 Euros!!!

I was thinking about getting one with Pixel Plus... but since I've seen two connected to a RGB DVD watching Lord of the Rings, and seeing the "halos" and other **** from this technology, I'm going to choose a "non digital" processing TV. The only thing I haven't clear is Natural Motion... I don't know if it makes a difference

3. jjdelalamo

jjdelalamo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, we´re almost neighbours, I´m from Bilbao!

I´ve found an offer in the Cadena Expert publicity (típico panfleto que te llega al buzón).

Yes, the choice is almost clear, but the 8608 fits in the forniture that I´ve in my living room but I don´t know if the 8807 also fits.

I've called to the local cadena Expert shop but they don't have the TV in the shop so I could not watch to it. I'll try in other shops...

Bye & thanks!