1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help a problem with my Denon 3803

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by EV@, Jun 29, 2003.

Tags:
  1. EV@

EV@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    O.K I got this problem which started 4 days ago, it started when I watched a DVD (7 years in Tibet) the dvd was from the Phillipenes, the picture was perfect but the sound was not in DD 5.1 only analogue PL-2, I thought this was due to the disc? but then I rented Minority Report and could not get any digital sound to work DD/DTS. I tried other DVD from my own collection and they are all the same! Usually the amp Automatically selects a digital sound format, and if a DVD has both DD & DTS then using the DVD players remote I can switch between the 2. But at the moment I can only listen to the audio tracks with analogue PL-2 or DTS neo.
    I've tried everything I can think of to sort the problem out, I've checked that everything is connected properly and that the digital out is set right (I'm using a QED coaxial lead), the DVD player is set to Bitstream audio out, the amp is set to recieve digital signals from the correct input (coax 1), I've even reinstialised the microprocessor in the amp. What could be the problem? is the amp broken or is it the DVD player?

Any sugestions will be appreciated

Evo

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Hi

Is the dvd connected ONLY with a coaxial digital cable? Doublecheck the amp is set to AUTO and recheck the cabling. Is there anyway you can borrow another dvd player to check if that works, if it does, then it's your player. If it doesn't, then it must be the amp.

3. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure the DVD player is assigned to either of the coax or optical connections,via the OSD.I remember doing this with another amp,i was using a coax cable but the amp was outputting via the optical.

4. EV@

EV@

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    O.K problem solved I had recently connected a pair of analogue interconects, but I thought that I had used my DVD player after I installed them with no problems?? oh well sorted now.

Thanks
    Marc