1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help a noob

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by TOSHMANIAC, Feb 7, 2005.

1. TOSHMANIAC

TOSHMANIAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i can only view the wmvhd samples on my toshiba dlp tv when i drag the windows media player screen almost off the monitor screen into the bottom right hand corner.it then can be viewed on the tv screen.graphics card is the asus v9520 video suite,what am i NOT doing

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    How have you configured the dual-monitors in the ATI Control Panel? You need to select Clone Mode if you want to see the same thing on both displays.

However, there's another hurdle, if you're using Overlay you'll only see the video on the Primary display, to deal with this you can try selecting Theatre Mode, alternatively configure your external monitor as the primary device or switch to using VMR rendering in your DVD player.

And if that's a load of incomprehensible waffle I'll try to simplify it. :)

3. TOSHMANIAC

TOSHMANIAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please do,im all ears

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Are you wanting both displays to be the same, I have little experience trying to run to displays at different resolutions?

What version of the ATI Control Panel and drivers are you running? Things change from release to release.

5. TOSHMANIAC

TOSHMANIAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks KraGorn,i think ive sorted it[clone mode]