1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help a newbie!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Porkchop2, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Porkchop2

Porkchop2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've just bought a Sharp Aquos 32'' and I'm after a home cinema system to compliment it!! What do you guys recommend, an all in one or separates? I've bust the bank with the tv so have £300-350 to spend. Would like a system that I could hook a DVD player and sky digital up to too!
    Please help I'm confused!! Cheers :smashin:

2. OldSkoO1

OldSkoO1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I was in a similar position to you a few days ago. I was looking at a system for around that but stretched the budget and talked the better half into allowing me the Denon 500SD. If you look on the forums you'll see everyone highly recomends this system. However, you'll end up spending another £60 mounting the base attatchment speakers on specific mounts unless you already have them. Then you'll definatly need some high performance scarts like the QED P21 or the Thor http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/forum-sp1.html

Thats stretched your budget quiet a lot. THe other system i nearly bought and spent half the weekend driving round to find a decent price was the JVC THS8. Its available from digital direct for £260 but £300 in a limited number of shops. Its wireless brother the THSW8 got best wireless home cinema this month and with specs exactly the same i guessed it was a good value surround sound with good performance to match.

hth