help a new member please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by NeoMatrix, Aug 30, 2007.

1. NeoMatrix

NeoMatrix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all first post good to join the enthusiasts. Im starting on an adventure to build up my first home cinema. Im too bored with 5.1 pc systems now gotta go to the real thing. simple question then further detailed one please.

thanks.
    Huseyin

why are most amps all 7.1 and not 5.1? seeing as majority of sound systems are 5.1?

most importantly im trying to decide on an amp. from what i read and gathered and your experiences can you tell me which best to get from the following. dont have much budget. Pioneer vx917, sony DGR910, onkyo 605 or sony 1200Ess.CEK. I think onkyo near £400? if so then ignore it. im thinkin £265-300. sorry im tryin to remember letters off top of my head but you now know what i mean hopefully. Also will i have any problems connection speaker systems especially woofers if i was to buy any of these amps? i think im really stuck between pioneer 917 and sony 910

2. lazymatt

lazymatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Richers are doing the Sony 1200 at £299 at the moment, which I reckon has to be bit of a steal (as long as you don't need sound over HDMI)

3. twhdelboy

twhdelboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i have a sony hdmi dgr700 and it performs beautifully i have hd dvd sound 7.1 running thru it and it is fantastic:smashin:

4. NeoMatrix

NeoMatrix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when you say sound over hdmi what do you mean? if for example i plugged my ps3 in to amp would i not get sound to my speakers?

5. twhdelboy

twhdelboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    most amps dont deal with sound over hdmi they just relay the video meaning you have to have a seperate cable for the audio such as coax or optic...i have mine on optic with hdmi running thru the amp...imo u wont really notice a difference sound wise with hd dvd but the image is wicked!