Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help a DJ choose some monitor speakers + amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Rhythm, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Rhythm

Rhythm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm just in the process of organising my rig that I've been dreaming about for a long long time. I found the savings to get myself the Finalscratch Mp3 DJ system to connect to my Technics SL1210 MK2 tables. I have an alright mixer and a pair of Sennheiser HD25's (from when the Concorde used them!). I got myself a VAIO to rig the Finalscratch to, but now importantly I need a good value for money speaker and amp rig. I am sure there are about a million options, but if you can help me out, I'm a bit lost...

What I need is something that's not going to be too bass heavy, as I prefer clarity over too much bass, also my neighbours will complain like hell if it's too bassy. Budget is around £100-150 for 2 speakers, they should preferably be smallish so I can tuck them away, instead of huge floorstanding speakers. Budget for the amp is £100 or under. I know this isn't a huge budget but should get me something decent hopefully. I am not too fussy about brands, but of course, like to know the build quality is good.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
  3. Rhythm

Rhythm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help. Viva ama bokke-bokke.