Help!!605 Setup Mic not triggering auto setup

markie379

Standard Member
Hi all,

Got a TX-SR605 .When I plug in the setup Mic to do the auto speaker calibration nothing happens!:(

Tried all the resetting and clearing to no avail.
I'm beginning to think its a faulty mic plug.

Anybody else come across this issue???

markie379

Standard Member
anyone?
I have the amp for about 8 weeks but unopened due to renovations.I hope I don't have to send it back to Onkyo.
Any advice apreciated.:lease:

Hitby

iirc as you suggest, it should just enter the setup mode automatically. Do you have someone nearby that can lend you a mic in case it's that?

james.miller

yep probably is a fault mic by the sounds of it. or it could be a fault port on the amp but the mic is more likely. you could borrow another mic but it wouldnt be ideal as the amps are calibrated for the mics that ship with them. best thing to do is get in touch with whoever you bought it from, or onkyo. you've waited 8 weeks already, and it shouldnt take long to rectify:)

markie379

Standard Member
yep probably is a fault mic by the sounds of it. or it could be a fault port on the amp but the mic is more likely. you could borrow another mic but it wouldnt be ideal as the amps are calibrated for the mics that ship with them. best thing to do is get in touch with whoever you bought it from, or onkyo. you've waited 8 weeks already, and it shouldnt take long to rectify:)

Thanks for the reply lads ,I have tried it with another setup mic from my brothers Amp and there was no joy:(
Probably the Mic socket ,I'll just have to send it back under warranty.
Couldn't find another instance of this happening to anyone on the forums.

Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom